Sunday, March 16, 2008

RSS Feeds - what I'm reading



I mentioned in a previous blog that I am using Google reader. Here are some of the RSS feeds I subscribe to:

*BBC Caribbean
*BBC International
*CNN World
*Reuters Top News
*The Jamaica Gleaner
*Jamaica Observations

I was surprised to find that a number of the Caribbean newspapers do not have RSS feeds. So far The Gleaner wesbsite was the only site I found with a feed. The Observer, although it has more information - as in more of the actual printed paper - on its site than The Gleaner, does not have a RSS feed. It has a blog called Jamaica Observations. At first glance it looks good. I look forward to reading it. I also subscribe to blogs such as Photocritic, Flickr, Photojojo and Beijing Olympic Games 2008


Above is a screenshot of my Google reader.

4 comments:

Vernon said...

Hi Claudine. Well done. Now that you have taken the leap I have found the hardest thing is to know when to stop writing and when not to upload an entry at all. It can become very addictive.

I like the fact you have kept your blog simple as far too many people get caught up in "decorating" their blog like a christmas tree not realizing that nobody subscribes to a blog because it looks pretty,

You might be interested to know that the Trinidad Express has an RSS feed which is listed as "XML" on the bottom of their main page ( Extensible Markup Language is a metalanguage that is commonly used for such purposes) . To save you the effort you can just add this link to your RSS reader: feed://www.trinidadexpress.com/news.rss

All the best,

Vernon

Brenton Henry said...

Hi Claudine,

Just some general comments about your Blog

I like your blog very much as a matter of fact I was a little embarrassed when I looked at your blog.

Your comments are in depth and well informed.

I am also appreciative of the images on your blog.

Keep it going sister.

Paula-Anne Porter-Jones said...

Hi Claudine,
I like the simplicity of your presentation and the way you have combined style with function, since your personality comes through, even though you are looking at some serious issues. Thanks for the heads up on the Caribbean RSS feeds. Im ashamed to say I didnt start there in my search.

Keep it up
Paula-Anne

Claudine said...

Thanks Vernon. I have added it to my reader. Thanks also to Brenton and Paula-Ann. Your comments are encouraging.