Sunday, March 23, 2008

Three blogs I like best ... (thinking)

It is assignment time again. I am supposed to be telling you (the reader) about three blogs that I like and why. I am in a quandary - I have been reading news feeds not blogs.

What to do? Well I am to post comments on my classmates blogs as well so why not kill two birds with one stone?

* Blog one: http://inamban.blogspot.com/


I liked the tone and colour but for a detailed break down read my comments in the blog titled "Comments on blog".

*Blog two: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/blog/template_permalink.asp?id=113


This blog is on my Google reader and to tell the truth I am behind on reading it. I like it for many reasons. The person in charge, Ross Sheil, is an old colleague of mine. He is from Britain and a very good journalist in my opinion. The above URL takes you to a post about BBC hosting a Caribbean crime debate.

I like the layout. It is breezy and welcoming. It is well organized as well. To the right is a pane that is sectioned into three main parts: categories (politics, science etc), archives and recent entries. You see that there is a lot of information there but it is not cluttered. It also facilitates research with a search this site area.

I especially liked the photo it is quite appropriate. I wonder how he got it there - I would like to try that on my blog. The photo reminds me of a deep rural St. Elizabeth. The bread basket of my county, St. Elizabeth is where most of our produce comes from. It is known for its red ore, its melons, cantaloupe, scallion thyme and also shrimp. The young lady walking the dirt path to the house is reminds me so much of St. Elizabeth. The photo also plays into the "Jamaica" aspect of blog because it is a kind of idyllic shot.

*Blog three: http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/this-week-in-the-digital-photography-school-forums-36/



I love photography and I am hoping this blog will be helpful. I have not delved deeply into it as yet but it is a work in progress.

No comments: