Since its conception in 1990s the internet has grown from an almost elitist entity to a space where anyone can have a voice. In recognition of this phenomenon, and my lack of skills in this particular department, I recently signed up for an internet course on digital journalism. It is a four week course. While I am only in week two, I have learnt a lot.
In week one I learnt how to take a screen of webpage using the print screen button. Can you imagine I always had the button on my lap top and never once wondered what it was for? I did not ponder its use because it had no bearing on my life. I know Microsoft word and basic photo editing because these are my bread and butter tools. At the time it did not matter that I did not know all the buttons on my keyboard because as far as I was concerned I knew what I needed to know. But is true what they say, “Knowledge is power.” Since learning about this tool I am anxious to use it again. Who knows maybe you will see it in use here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment