My first critique is of the MSNBC article "Chasing Britney leads to evolution of paparazzi Photogs find themselves a part of her story; undercover work now a rarity" The story was updated by the Associated Press but I did not see a byline for the article.
Now, I am not fan of Britney but the headline pulled me. I thought evolution of paparazzi? Photogos find themselves a part of her story? As a student in an online course that speak of the backpack journalist who does everything and as someone who has worked as reporter, photographer and radio article writer/news reporter on the same assignment this got me ears up. I thought "oh no new laws etc.!"
The article itself was OK. The photo at the beginning of the story was good. It worked very well with the headline to show the reader what the article is about. I loved the photo of the paparazzi reflection in the rear view mirror as he takes a shot. I noted the use of video and slide show inserts. I thought they were effective in helping to build the story.
The click for related articles button was effective as well. However, I did not particularly like the most popular boxes. For the most part they were not related to the story. The same goes for the big ads smack in the middle of the article. For me it broke the flow and I did not like meeting them on the page. I however acknowledge the need to generate revenue.


No comments:
Post a Comment